Monday, February 4, 2013


"Redwood Forest"
This unique piece started with a brand new w/ tags vintage-ish Jones of New York Robe with a pretty leaf pattern. I cut a opening in the back to just under the waist. There I added a leaf pattern silky olive fabric making 2 darts on each side to gather & drape. I also added some leaf shapes to the bottom and the top of the robe. Free motion embroidery for little branches.  Next I added a vintage beautiful brown soft silk fabric with little gold metallic sparkles that twinkle in the light to the sleeves & bottom.  Trimmed in a pretty wine color scalloped lace.  A bow of sorts was added to the bussel, which is a tube that holds several draped pieces of fabric.
SOLD
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed me your comments! I eat them up for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online